Serving Size: 12
- 12 Hawaiian rolls
- olive oil
- 1/2 pound ham, sliced
- 1/2 pound Genoa salami, sliced
- 1/2 pound Swiss cheese, sliced
- 1/2 pound Provolone cheese, sliced
- 6 tablespoons of your favorite olive salad (like Central Grocery’s olive salad)
Homemade Olive Spread
If you prefer to make your own…
- 1/2 cup giardinera mix (Italian pickled vegetables usually including cauliflower, celery and carrots
- 1/4 cup black olives
- 1/2 cup green olives
- 1 T. dijon mustard
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- Slice the rolls in half. Brush with olive oil.
- Tear or cut slices to fit the rolls and layer starting with the ham, salami, Swiss cheese, and Provolone cheese.
- Top with the olive salad. Replace roll tops. Top each slider with a little melted butter.
- Wrap in foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Photo courtesy of A Fork’s Tale.
These can also be served cold as is the original sandwich.
If you would like to try making your own olive salad the above recipe adapted from A Fork’s Tale.
Home made Olive Salad from A Fork's Tale
KathyMillerTime’s version of the Cuban mini substituting olive salad for the pickles.