Serving Size: 12
- 12 Hawaiian rolls
- olive oil
- 1/2 pound ham, sliced
- 1/2 pound Genoa salami, sliced
- 1/2 pound Swiss cheese, sliced
- 1/2 pound Provolone cheese, sliced
- 6 tablespoons of your favorite olive salad (like Central Grocery’s olive salad)
Homemade Olive Spread
If you prefer to make your own…
- 1/2 cup giardinera mix (Italian pickled vegetables usually including cauliflower, celery and carrots
- 1/4 cup black olives
- 1/2 cup green olives
- 1 T. dijon mustard
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- Slice the rolls in half. Brush with olive oil.
- Tear or cut slices to fit the rolls and layer starting with the ham, salami, Swiss cheese, and Provolone cheese.
- Top with the olive salad. Replace roll tops. Top each slider with a little melted butter.
- Wrap in foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
These can also be served cold as is the original sandwich.
If you would like to try making your own olive salad the above recipe adapted from A Fork’s Tale.
Home made Olive Salad from A Fork's Tale
KathyMillerTime’s version of the Cuban mini substituting olive salad for the pickles.