ORZO SALAD WITH CRANBERRIES, FETA AND ARUGULA
- 1 pound orzo pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus another 3 tablespoons
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- 1 4 ounce package feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup or more dried cranberries
- 12 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 cup or more toasted pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Bring water to boil in a large pot.
- Add pasta and cook al dente, 8-10 minutes. Drain.
- Place pasta on a large cookie sheet and toss with 3 tablespoons olive oil. Let cool.
- Once the orzo is cool, place in a large serving bowl.
- Add the arugula, feta cheese, cranberries, basil, pine nuts, lemon juice, remaining olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Toss lightly.
- Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve. This also can be served at room temperature. Delicious!
Great for a tailgate or picnic