GREEK 7 LAYER DIP
Serving Size: 8-12
- 8 ounces hummus (recipe below) or store bought
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped dill
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons vidalia onion (sweet)
- 1 cup English cucumber diced
- 1 cup tomato, diced and seeded
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, sliced
- feta cheese
- 2 cups canned chickpeas, drained (reserve a little liquid)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- garlic cloves, minced (about a teaspoon)
- 1/3 cup tahini (sesame paste -found in the peanut butter section of your grocery store)
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice ( 2 lemons)
- 1-2 tablespoons reserved liquid or water
- 8-12 dashes hot sauce (your favorite!)
- pine nuts for topping
Instructions for Hummus
- Place all ingredients in food processor and whirl away until coarsely pureed. Taste for seasoning. Add pine nuts on top.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil if desired.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Instructions for 7 Layer Dip
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, garlic, dill, lemon juice, salt and freshly ground pepper. Set aside.
- In a serving dish, layer the hummus, yogurt mixture, onion, cucumber, tomatoes, feta and olives.
- Serve with pita chips or baked corn chip