Kathy’s Favorite Hummus
- 2 cups canned chickpeas, drained (reserve a little liquid)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- garlic cloves, minced (about a teaspoon)
- 1/3 cup tahini (sesame paste -found in the peanut butter section of your grocery store)
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice ( 2 lemons)
- 1-2 tablespoons reserved liquid or water
- 8-12 dashes hot sauce (your favorite!)
- pine nuts for topping
- Place all ingredients in food processor and whirl away until coarsely pureed. Taste for seasoning. Add pine nuts on top.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil if desired.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
I love how lemony this hummus is! We make this all the time…Very healthy!
Recipe by KathyMillerTime
Adapted from Ina Garten, Barefoot Contessa