KATHY’S FULL HOUSE CHILI
Serving Size: 8-12
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne red pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons double-concentrated tomato paste
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 8-12 freshly made hot tamales if available. If fresh are not available use 1 can Hormel Tamales, Beef in Chili Sauce
- Brown ground beef, onions and garlic in a large Dutch oven. Drain well.
- Add chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, paprika. Cook 1 minute.
- Add tomato paste. Cook 1 minute.
- Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer for 2 hours.
- Heat hot tamales. Take out of husks and place a hot tamale in each bowl. Spoon chili over top.
The Full House, Hot Tamales covered with chili, is famous in Knoxville, Tennessee. During my college days at Tennessee, I used to drop by the local corner market to get mine to go.
As always when serving chili, you may want to let guests top the chili with sour cream, cheese, jalapenos, black olives and or sliced green onions.