Curt’s Smokey Burgers
- Ground beef, made into patties
- Favorite barbecue sauce
- Smoked gouda cheese
- English muffins
- Tomato slices
- Meat seasoning, such as Chicago Steak or Montreal Steak
- Worcestershire sauce
- Season hamburger patties with meat seasoning, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- Grill hamburger patties to a medium temperature (just slightly before medium internal temperature).
- Pull from grill, place immediately in foil. Curt says, “Foilin’ is grillin’ you know!”
- While in foil, add your favorite BBQ sauce and smoked gouda cheese on top of the burger.
- Wrap back up in foil and place back on grill on low heat or in oven. This allows the BBQ sauce to soak in and the cheese to melt.
- Serve on a toasted English muffin (too much bread hides the flavor), and garnish with tomato slices (fresh from the garden if possible!) and pickles.
These are the best grilled burgers! Those of you who know Curt will understand his “Foilin’ is grillin’ you know!”
By Curt Leonard via KathyMillerTime