- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) box 4x powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Blend together eggs and oil.
- Sift sugar and other dry ingredients together.
- Add to egg mixture, mixing well.
- Add carrots. Blend well.
- Pour mixture into two 9 inch cake pans which have been greased and floured.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes. If a 12½x8x2 inch pan is used, bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Cake must be completely cool before frosting.
- Cream together cream cheese and butter.
- Add sugar, vanilla, and nuts, mixing well.
- Frost the cake between layers, top, and sides or frost the top of the 12½x8x2 cake.
By Joy McCabe via KathyMillerTime