- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups sifted confectioner’s sugar
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and confectioner’s sugar with hands to form a smooth stiff dough. Shape into balls using 2 teaspoons of dough for each ball. Place on prepared pan, and refrigerate.
- Melt shortening and chocolate together in a metal bowl over a pan of lightly simmering water. Stir occasionally until smooth, and remove from heat.
- Remove balls from refrigerator. Use a fork or toothpick to dip ball into melted chocolate. Return to wax paper, chocolate side down, and remove toothpick. Repeat with remaining balls.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes to set.
Adapted from Melissa Ross Celebrity Chefs Event
Growing up in Ohio, Melissa makes these every Christmas. I tasted them at “CELEBRITY CHEFS”, a benefit for The Salvation Army in Jacksonville, FL.