Bacon Jalapeno Cheese Ball
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1-2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced, halved
- 2 dashes of Texas Pete hot sauce
- 6 pieces cooked bacon, crumbled and halved
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Mix cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic, cilantro, cumin, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, half of the jalapenos and half the bacon crumbles.
- Add salt and pepper if needed.
- Mix the toasted pecans, remaining jalapenos and bacon.
- Roll cheese mixture into a ball.
- Roll ball in the jalapeno pecan mixture.
- Chill 1 hour or more. Serve with crackers.
The colors, with the green showing through make this a pretty appetizer.
By Jill Barden via KathyMillerTime