Wisconsin Cheddar Beer Cheese Spread
- 2 pounds sharp cheddar cheese, room temperature
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Tabasco, to taste
- 1/2 bottle dark beer
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cut the cheese into cubes and place in a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Add garlic, worcestershire, mustard, and Tabasco. Blend well.
- Add the beer, a little at a time, while continuing to beat the cheese, until the mixture is a good and firm.
- Stir in the salt, and refrigerate.
- Serve on small slices of rye or pumpernickel bread or crackers.
I use this recipe all the time. I substitute the kind of cheddar cheese based on state or theme. (Just like I do with my hot sauces and guacamole!)
This one is in celebration of Wisconsin’s basketball season. Use Wisconsin Cheddar.
By Kathy Miller via Bill Bunning