Smashed Tater Salad
Serving Size: 6-8
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, minced
- 1/4 cup mustard, Dijon, stone-ground or yellow
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Boil the potatoes in enough water to cover with 1 teaspoon of salt until fork tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and transfer to large mixing bowl.
- Mash the potatoes with a hand held potato masher, leaving them a little lumpy.
- Add remaining salt, mayonnaise, hard boiled eggs and onion. Mix thoroughly.
- Add mustard, garlic, brown sugar, lemon, hot sauce and worcestershire sauce. Mix throughly.
Life is short, Celebrate!
By Kix Brooks via KathyMillerTime
Adapted from Cookin' It With Kix: The Art of Celebrating and The Fun of Outdoor Cooking