Roast Beef Havarti Cheese Rolls
- 1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped and toasted
- 2 packages party dinner rolls, (12 per package)
- 2/3 cup peach preserves (or apricot)
- 1/2 cup dijon mustard/mayonnaise blend (Dijonnaise)
- 3/4 pound deli roast beef, chopped
- 1/2 pound Havarti cheese, thinly sliced or shredded
- Slice party rolls in half, horizontally. (Do not separate rolls.) Spread top half of rolls with preserves, and sprinkle with walnuts. Spread bottom half of rolls with mustard/mayo blend.
- Top bottom half with roast beef and cheese. Cover with top half. Cover with foil. (Can freeze at this point.) To heat, let thaw overnight in refrigerator. If cooking immediately, bake at 325 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. Let sit for a few minutes before cutting into individual rolls. Serves 24.
To keep warm at a tailgate I use the Pyrex microwaveable Hot Pack in a Pyrex Portable container.
By Pam Hope via KathyMillerTime