Polish Sausage Soup
- 3 large leeks, chopped
- 4 green peppers, chopped
- 4 red peppers, chopped
- 4 zucchinis, chopped
- 4 yellow squash, chopped
- 2 cans whole peeled plum tomatoes
- 3 packages Polish kielbasa sausage, cut up
- Red pepper
- Brown Rice
- Olive Oil
- In a very large covered pot, cook the chopped leeks on low heat with at least 1 cup of olive oil.
- Chop peppers and add to the pot.
- Chop zucchinis and add to the pot.
- Chop the yellow squash and add to the pot.
- Add the canned tomatoes, sausage, salt (to taste), red pepper and paprika. Simmer until flavors meld.
- Mix with cooked brown rice and serve. (I served with brown rice on top).
By Barry and Becky Switzer, former head coach at Oklahoma
Adapted from Spread Formation: Tailgating & Home Recipes From College Football Greats! by Loran Smith