Serving Size: 10-12
- 2 pounds ham, chopped
- 2 pounds smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
- salt and black pepper
- In a heavy pot brown the ham and sausage.
- Add onion, green pepper and celery.
- Cook over medium heat about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, thyme, bay leaves, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the rice and 2 1/2 cups water or chicken broth.
- Cover and let simmer for 30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Could also add chicken and or shrimp. Jambalaya is Louisiana tradition. Experiment with this basic recipe and add what you like. Just remember The Trinity is a must. Onion, bell pepper and celery!