Fried Chicken Livers
- chicken livers (found in the frozen section in Harris Teeter)
- vegetable oil
- self rising flour
- Soak the chicken livers in buttermilk the night before.
- Fill fryer 1/3 full of vegetable oil. Heat to 400 degrees.
- Remove chicken livers from refrigerator and drain.
- Place self rising flour, salt and lots of pepper in a brown paper sack.
- Place the chicken livers in sack and shake to coat with flour mixture.
- Fry in batches 10 minutes.
- Place on paper towels to remove excess oil.
Rosalind places in a basket lined with red napkins for her Georgia Bulldogs, but use your favorite team’s colors.
By Rosalind Bowles via KathyMillerTime