- Romaine lettuce washed and torn into bite size pieces
- Tomato, chopped
- Red onion (or sweet Vidalia onions), diced
- Feta cheese, crumbled
- Chicken, cooked and chopped (optional)
- Kalamata olives (or black olives)
- Artichoke hearts, diced
- Pita bread pockets
For the sauce
- Ranch dressing and Frank’s Hot Sauce to taste.
- Combine all salad ingredients.
- Place in warm pita pockets.
- Drizzle with special sauce.
I used lots of Frank’s Hot Sauce to give it a “Thousand Island” dressing color.
Adapted from Maria Spear- University of Michigan Alum