Chinese Slaw by Joy McCabe
- 1 16 ounce bag slaw mix
- 3 green onions, sliced (I use ½ sweet onion, chopped)
- 1 three ounce package oriental flavored ramen noodles with seasoning pack
- 1 six ounce package slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup sugar or Splenda that measures like sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crumble the dry ramen noodles onto a large baking sheet, add the almonds, sesame seeds, and bake until toasted about 10-15 minutes, being careful not to scorch the sesame seeds.
- Allow toasted almonds, sesame seeds, and noodles to cool.
- Place cabbage and onions in a large salad bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl whisk together the oil, sugar, vinegar, and salt with the contents of the season pack from the ramen noodles.
- Pour the dressing over the slaw, add the toasted noodles, almonds, and sesame seeds just before serving, and toss to combine.
By Joy McCabe@joymccabe.com