CALICO BAKED BEANS-CASHIERS FARMERS MARKET
Serving Size: 8-10
- 1 pound ground beef
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup ketchup or 1/2 cup Bone Suckin’ Sauce (bbq)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans (or pinto or black beans)
- 1 (15 ounce) can Bush’s Baked Beans
- 1 (15 oune) can butter beans
- Fry bacon until crisp.
- Fry ground beef in bacon grease until tender.
- Combine onion, ketchup or bbq sauce, salt, mustard, vinegar, brown sugar and partially drained beans in a 3 quart oven container.
- Mix well.
- Add hamburger and crumbled bacon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
Kathy’s Comments…You can skip the brown sugar if you prefer less sugar. The Bush’s Baked Beans have brown sugar in them. I also love the idea of using your favorite barbecue sauce instead of ketchup. This can give the beans a regional twist…North Carolina style, Kansas City style…Also add another can of beans or two to stretch.
Robin Crawford of the Cashiers Farmers Market via KathyMillerTime