Bama’s Beer Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 8
- 3/4 cup carrots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 cans (10 3/4 ounces each) chicken broth, condensed
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese ( 8 ounces )
- 4 to 8 ounces of beer
- Cook carrots, celery and onion in butter in a 4-quart Dutch oven until celery and onions are transparent, about ten minutes.
- Stir in baking mix, paprika, black pepper and red pepper. Remove from heat.
- Gradually stir in chicken broth.
- Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly: boil and stir 1 minute.
- Reduce heat: stir in half and half, cheese and beer. Heat until cheese is melted.
- Serve with million dollar munchies. (see recipe below)
By Myra Jeffreys via KathyMillerTime