BACON WRAPPED DATES WITH BLUE CHEESE
Serving Size: 32 appetizers
- 1 pound sliced bacon,cut in half, (thin sliced bacon)
- 1 pound pitted dates
- 4 ounces blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice dates in half, and open them up. Or if whole with pits, slice the dates lengthwise on one side to create an opening. Remove the pits.
- Pinch off pieces of blue cheese, and place them into the center of the date.
- Close the halves of the dates, and wrap a half-slice of bacon around the outside. Secure each one with a toothpick. Arrange in a baking dish with sides to catch any grease.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until bacon is crisp. Turn dates over after the first 20 minutes for even cooking.
A BIG hit. Also tested them side by side with USC pecan dates. Both were popular, but the blue cheese in this gave the right amount of tartness to counter the sweet date. Everyone said if you told me I would like dates, I would say no until they tried these.
I lowered the temp because the blue cheese melted and oozed out.
Pam Hope via KathyMillerTime