- 2 pounds ground turkey or ground beef
- 1 package sweet Italian Turkey sausage or Italian sausage (remove casings)
- Kitchen Bouquet
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Splenda brown sugar or regular brown sugar
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped (can use the other half for garnish)
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- garlic, chopped
- 1 package McCormick Original Chili Seasoning mix
- 1/2 package Frenchs Original Chili Seasoning mix
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes,
- 1 small can Rotell original tomatoes with green chilis
- tomato paste
- chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can shoepeg corn (or frozen corn)
- 2 or 3 cans pinto beans
- 1 can black beans
- Brown two packs of Ground Turkey, (or ground beef) and one pack of sweet Italian Turkey sausage or regular sweet Italian sausage (casings removed) in a large pot.
- Chop and stir consistently at high heat to brown.
- Add “some” Kitchen Bouquet, worcestershire sauce, 1 tablespoon Splenda brown sugar (or regular brown sugar).
- Drain meat in a strainer, leaving some drippings in the pot.
- Add one large onion, red and green pepper, and garlic.
- Saute just a bit!
- Add one pack of McCormick original Chili seasoning, and one half pack of Frenchs original Chile Mix.
- Add fire roasted diced tomatoes ,one small can of Rotel original tomatoes with chilis, and slowly add tomato paste over the next hours, along with chicken broth to create the consistency you like.
- Add some Red Pepper flakes to your liking. Add a bay leaf or two.
- Add corn.
- Add beans.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally for several hours.
- Serve with the usual stuff you like… sour cream, cheese, chopped scallions!
- If you like Cilantro add it. A squeeze of lime juice is always nice when serving.
Kathy’s Notes: Add 1/2 can beer to make this a Boilermaker Chili. This is delicious and spicy good!
By Nina Johnson via KathyMillerTime