SHRIMP WITH CUCUMBER, AVOCADO
Serving Size: 20-22 bites
- 1 lb large shrimp peeled and deveined
- Louisiana Cajun Blackened Seasoning or if you prefer to make your own… see seasonings below
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 English cucumber sliced into 22 rings
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- cilantro finely chopped to garnish
Cajun shrimp spice
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- Sprinkle shrimp with Cajun Blackened Seasoning. If making your own seasoning, combine ingredients and gently toss with shrimp.
- In a small bowl prepare the guacamole by mashing together 1 avocado, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice. Stir until creamy.
- Divide the guacamole over the 20-22 cucumber slices.
- Heat a heavy pan (we use a cast iron skillet on the grill) over medium/high heat with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Once oil is hot, add shrimp in a single layer and saute 2 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Place a shrimp on each cucumber/guacamole slice, sprinkle with cilantro and lime or lemon juice. Serve on a platter.
The contrast between the spicy shrimp and the coolness of the avocado and cucumber make these a delightful appetizer or even a main course!
I love the brand Louisiana Cajun Blackened Seasoning. Not as salty as some brands and so easy to use.
Adapted from Natasha's Kitchen