Rye Bread Dip
- 3 cups Hellmann’s mayonnaise
- 3 cups sour cream
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 2-3 packages dried smoked beef
- 1 large boule rye bread (I used sour dough bread)
- Combine all ingredients except the bread.
- Hollow out the bread to make a bowl.
- Cut remaining bread into strips or cubes.
- Fill bread bowl with dip, and place on a large platter.
- Surround bowl with bread strips.
- Open a cold one and enjoy!
I cut the recipe in half and served in a mini sour dough bread boule. There was plenty of dip. I also served with nacho chips.
By Jay and Rita Wilkinson, son of Bud Wilkinson
Adapted from Spread Formation: Tailgating & Home Recipes From College Football Greats by Loran Smith