Roasted Potato and Okra Salad
Serving Size: 8
- 1 pound baby red potatoes
- 1 pound small Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 pound fresh okra (or 1 jar pickled okra)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Bring potatoes and water to cover to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 15-20 minutes until fork tender. Drain and cool completely (about 20 minutes).
- Toss okra with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Place in a single layer in a jelly-roll pan.
- Cut potatoes in half and toss with remaining olive oil, salt and pepper. Place potatoes in a single layer in another jelly-roll pan.
- Bake okra and potatoes at 450 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut okra pods in half lengthwise.
- Toss together potatoes, okra, vinaigrette and green onions in a medium bowl.
- Serve immediately.
Adapted from Southern Living, June 2015