LOBSTER OR SHRIMP SALAD WITH CUCUMBERS
Serving Size: 6
For The Remoulade
- 1 cup Duke’s mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dill pickles or cornichons, drained and diced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 2 teaspoons Dijon or stone ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For The Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh shrimp or lobster, diced
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- cucumber slices for the garnish
- cherry tomatoes halved
- shredded carrots for garnish
- For the remoulade, combine mayonnaise, pickles, dill, capers, mustard, anchovy paste, lemon zest, lemon juice and pepper in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- For the salad, bring a large pot filled with water to a boil. Add any seasoning such as Crab boil or Zataran’s that you like. Add shrimp and bring back to a boil. Boil for a minute or so. Test one under cold water, peel and taste. You don’t want to overcook shrimp.
- After the shrimp or lobster are cooked, dice and place in a bowl. Add the diced cucumber, and special seasonings. Play around with seasonings you like, such as a Jamaican jerk seasoning or a cajun seasoning for a New Orleans style. Toss lightly with the remoulade. Chill until ready to serve.
- Place the shrimp or lobster salad on a bed of lettuce and garnish with halved cherry tomatoes and cucumber slices. Sprinkle with carrots.
Adapted from Barefoot Contessa