LA SCALA SALAD…MY NEW FAVORITE SALAD
Serving Size: 6-8
Here is the new favorite salad in our family. The Scala Salad, made famous by the iconic Beverly Hills restaurant…yes La Scala. I added the olives and pomegranate seeds…because I wanted to!
- 1 head Iceberg lettuce
- 1 head Romaine lettuce
- 6 ounces Italian Salami, finely chopped
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, freshly grated
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and coarsely chopped
- green olives, Castelvetrano if you can find them
- pomegranate seeds to garnish (I love these especially at Christmas time and they are extremely healthy for you!)
- 1/2 cup olive oil (the original recipe calls for 1/4 c. vegetable oil and 1/4 c. olive oil but I only use olive oil….some of those other vegetable oils are not healthy)
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar or part lemon juice…I am partial to lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 teapsoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl and keep in refrigerator until time to serve.
- Combine salad dressing ingredients in a mini food processor if you have one. Taste. Can make the dressing a day ahead to allow the flavors to combine.
- Toss right before serving.
I added the olives and pomegranate seeds because I had just made a delicious charcuterie cheese board with those 2 at Christmas….I thought they added another dimension of flavor. I do think the garbanzo beans make this super crunchy and healthy.
By KathyMillerTime adapted from Sandra Sallin via Instagram