Kentucky Bourbon Bacon Chex Mix
- 1 bag (15 oz) Chex Mix® traditional snack mix
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 pound bacon (6 to 8 slices), crisply cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 3/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- Heat oven to 300°F. Line two 15x10x1-inch pans with foil. Spray foil with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix snack mix, pecans and bacon. Set aside.
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat brown sugar, butter and corn syrup over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until bubbly around edges. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally; remove from heat.
- Cool 2 minutes. Carefully stir in bourbon and chipotle chili powder. Pour over snack mixture; toss until evenly coated.
- Spread snack mixture on pans. Bake 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, to caramelize mixture. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Break into pieces. Store covered in refrigerator.
Adapted from bettycrocker.com