- 4 ripe avocados
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 8 dashes hot sauce, your favorite, I like Tennessee Sunshine
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onion (Vidalia if in season)
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced (optional)
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits. Peel and dice. Place in bowl.
- Immediately add the lemon juice to keep avocados from turning brown,
- Add hot sauce, onions, garlic.
- Using a sharp knife, slice through the avocados in bowl until they are finely diced.
- Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper.Top with jalapeno or another topping of your choice…roasted pepita seeds (pumpkin seeds)
The jalapenos or pepita seeds are optional…Also some like lime better than lemon. I like it either way although I love lemon!