HOMEMADE FRENCH ONION DIP
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped dried chives
- 1 pint sour cream
- In a jar with a lid, combine the minced onion, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and chives.
- Store the salt at room temperature for up to 6 months.
- Add French Onion Salt to sour cream to taste.
I found this recipe for French Onion Salt by Heidi Swanson in Epicurious. Heidi uses this in many dishes. I added to taste to sour cream for the perfect French Onion Dip. Yes it is better than the Lipton Onion Dip Mix which contains gluten!
Heidi Swanson Natural Simple