Hawkeye Tailgating Dip
- 1 can refried beans
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled and mashed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1/2 head lettuce, shredded
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (3 ounce) can black olives, chopped (or more if you are making an Iowa Hawkeye logo)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Layer refried beans on a platter.
- In a separate bowl make guacamole; peel avocados and throw away the pits. Mash. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Layer guacamole over beans.
- In a separate bowl; combine sour cream, mayo and taco seasoning.
- Layer over guacamole.
- Layer in order; green onions, lettuce, tomatoes, and cheddar cheese.
- Top with black olives in a design such as the Iowa Hawkeye logo.
By Sue Braddock via KathyMillerTime