DEVILED EGGS TENNESSEE STYLE
Serving Size: 12 deviled eggs
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash of black pepper
- Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan. Cover with 2-3 inches water.
- Bring to a boil. Cover.
- Remove from heat, and let stand 20 minutes.
- Drain immediately and fill the saucepan with cold water and ice.
- Peel under cold running water.
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise, and carefully remove yolks.
- Mash yolks with mayonnaise. Add relish, mustard, salt, and pepper; stir well.
- Spoon yolk mixture into egg whites. Garnish, if desired.
Peeling eggs can be difficult especially with all the farmer’s market fresh eggs and free range eggs now available. I have found that regular eggs from grocery store and a little bit older ones peel better. Also when cracking eggs to peel I found that fewer cracks were easier to peel instead of alot of fine cracks. The shell came off in bigger pieces as opposed to tiny pieces. Hope this helps!