Crisp Pecan Cookies
Serving Size: 7 - 8 dozen
- 2 sticks butter, brought to room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups self rising flour
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In an electric mixer cream butter and sugar together.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Gradually add flour alternating with pecans, beating after each addition.
- Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl as needed.
- Refrigerate cookie dough until well chilled.
- Pinch off chilled dough in very small pieces and place on a cookie sheet sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake at 250 degrees for one hour.
Everyone raves about these! Don’t be fooled by the baking time, 1 hour. Low oven temperature allows these cookies to bake slowly. I used a teaspoon measuring spoon to get a nice small uniform size. Watch for more recipes from Joy McCabe. She has a tailgating segment on WBIR in Knoxville.
By Joy McCabe via KathyMillerTime