CRANBERRY AND PECAN GOAT CHEESE SPREAD
Serving Size: 8
- 8 oz log of your favorite goat cheese. I used honey goat cheese.
- 1/4-1/2 cup cranberry sauce or raspberry preserves
- 1/4-1/3 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 TBSP dried or fresh parsley plus extra to taste
Remove goat cheese from wrapper and allow to soften to room temperature.
Spread raspberry preserves on serving platter.
Chop the nuts and cranberries and mix together along with parsley and jalapeno.
Roll goat cheese in the mixture, pressing gently to coat.
Set the goat cheese log atop the cranberry sauce or raspberry preserves and sprinkle with a little extra pecan mixture.
Surround with all your favorite crackers, crostini, and veggies.
I like using the raspberry preserves as I love the combination of raspberry with jalapeno peppers. This would make a beautiful Christmas spread with the red and green colors.