COLUMBIA RESTAURANT 1905 SALAD
Serving Size: 2-4
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce or romaine lettuce
- 2 ripe tomatoes, cut in eighths
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, cut in julienne strips
- 1/2 cup ham, cut in juilienne strips (I add ham if using as a main course)
- 1/4 cup green Spanish olives, pitted
- 2 teaspoons Romano or Parmesean cheese, freshly grated
- 1/8 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Toss together all salad ingredients except cheese.
- Mix garlic, oregano, and worcestershire sauce in a bowl.
- Beat until smooth with a wire whisk.
- Add olive oil gradually to form an emulsion.
- Stir in vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing on salad to your liking and toss.
- Add lemon and Parmesean cheese and toss one more time.
I like to add the lemon last just before the cheese.
The Columbia Restaurant in St. Augustine tosses this salad tableside which always makes it taste better!
By KathyMillerTime via The Columbia Restaurant, St, Augustine, Fl