Chicken Lasagna Florentine
Serving Size: 8
- 6 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and pressed dry between paper towels.
- Sometimes I add more spinach.
- 2 cups cooked, chopped chicken. ( I use a rotisserie chicken)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup finely diced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup ( I like to use low sodium).
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
For the Topping
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Drain thawed spinach and squeeze out as much water as possible, using paper towels.
- Combine spinach, chicken and next 11 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir well.
- Arrange 3 noodles in a lightly greased large rectangular baking dish.
- Spread half of chicken mixture over noodles.
- Repeat procedure with remaining noodles and chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and Butter- Pecan topping.
For the Topping
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add pecans and cook for 3 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Sprinkle on casserole over parmesan cheese.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes or until hot and bubbly
- Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
This is delicious and a crowd pleaser. It is wonderful as a tailgating main course. To keep warm at a tailgate, cut and wrap in foil. Transport with a Pyrex microwaveable Hot Pack in a Pyrex Portable Container.