CALIFORNIA BLT DIP
Serving Size: 8
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped Romaine lettuce
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, diced
- 3 tablespoons sweet Vidalia onions, chopped
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Toasted French bread baguette slices or mild chips
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese until blended well.
- Spread into large shallow dish.
- Layer with lettuce, bacon, tomatoes, onions and avocado.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Refrigerate until serving. Serve with sliced baguettes.
My favorite BLT (sandwich) comes from Cornucopia in Cashiers, NC. They add add sliced avocados to make it a “California” BLT.