BBQ Green Beans
Serving Size: 6-8
- 6 slices bacon or more, cooked & crumbled
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 (15- ounce) cans cut green beans (drained)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- Heat the ketchup and brown sugar, while frying the bacon. Drain bacon on paper towels.
- Add the chopped onion to bacon grease and cook until tender.
- In a large bowl, mix the (drained) green beans, crumbled bacon, onion and sugar/ketchup mixture.
- Toss. Pour into casserole dish and cover with foil.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 3 hours.
Seems like a long time to bake, but doing so at a very low temperature. This is a great new way to have baked beans*** baked GREEN beans.
By Laurie Cordell via KathyMillerTime
This is popular so may need to double the recipe.