Bacon Wrapped Bratwurst Bites
- 4 bratwurst
- 3 (12 ounce) cans light beer
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 slices bacon, cut in half
- Boil bratwurst in beer 15-20 minutes.
- Combine brown sugar, cayenne pepper in a bowl.
- Slice bacon in half.
- Slice each bratwurst into 3 pieces.
- Wrap each bratwurst with a half slice of bacon; secure with toothpick.
- Coat each bratwurst bite in sugar and cayenne pepper mixture.
- Cover a baking pan with foil. Place a baking rack/cookie rack on top of foil.
- Place each bratwurst bite onto rack in pan.
- Bake in 350 degree preheated oven 30 minutes.
I doubled the recipe which uses the entire pound of bacon.
I placed foil, then cookie baking racks in a sheet pan. Place the bratwurst bites on baking racks. This allows the fat from the bacon and the caramelized sugar to fall away from brats onto the foil for less mess.
By Paige Wendle- Sidelines Commentator
Adapted from KathyMillerTime