Baby Hot Browns
- 24 party bread slices
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup sharp cheddar shredded cheese
- 1 1/2 cup roasted turkey, chopped or shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, divided
- 5 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Arrange bread slices on lightly greased baking sheet. Broil 3 to 4 minutes.
- Melt butter in saucepan on low, add flour, and cook, whisking until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk until thick and bubbly.
- Add cheese until melted.
- Stir in turkey, salt, and pepper. Top bread evenly with mixture. Sprinkle evenly with parmesan and 1/2 bacon.
- Bake at 500 degrees for 2 minutes until parmesan melts.
- Top with tomato and sprinkle with remainder of bacon.
An appetizer version of the famous Brown Hotel’s Hot Brown Sandwich
By Lisa Cochran via KathyMillerTime