Baby Back Ribs with Bourbon BBQ
Serving Size: 4
- 4, 2-2.5 lb. racks of baby back ribs
- Seasoning for ribs
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
Bourbon BBQ Sauce (Yields 3 cups)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped white onion (approx 1 small onion)
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic (approx 4 cloves)
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp bourbon
- 1 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 2 Tbsp molasses
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp Tabasco
- ¼ tsp liquid smoke (optional)
- For Bourbon BBQ sauce, sauté onions and garlic in olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat, until softened (about 5 minutes). Stir in all other ingredients and simmer until thickened (about 10 minutes). BBQ sauce is ready to use and can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks in a sealed container.
- Set oven on 325° F. Season each rack of baby back ribs generously on both sides with the “Big Four”—Salt, Pepper, Garlic and Onion Powder or any other seasoning such as a BBQ seasoning or seasoning salt.
- Place 2 racks, bone side down, in a 9 x 13 baking sheet pan. Combine approx 2 cups of water with 1 tsp of liquid smoke and pour into pan, being careful not to wash off the seasoning. Wrap ribs tightly with heavy duty aluminum foil and place in oven for 2 hours 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, loosen foil and cool for 30 minutes at room temperature. Drain the liquid, wrap the ribs and refrigerate until ready for grilling.
- Place racks of ribs “north to south”, bone side down on a clean, well-oiled grill, at medium heat.
- Allow ribs to grill about 5 minutes. Carefully roll entire rack over to continue grilling another 3–4 minutes.
- Brush a generous amount of Bourbon BBQ sauce on the bone side of the ribs. Turn the ribs again after 3–4 minutes and brush with more BBQ sauce.
- Allow the ribs to grill 1–2 more minutes until the bones sizzle and sauce becomes heated on top
- Transfer ribs to serving platter.
By Created by LongHorn Steakhouse’s Executive Chefs via KathyMillerTime