Apple and Avocado Salad
- 1 lime, grated zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tart apple peeled, cored and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved,seeded and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 4 cups arugula (or watercress, washed and trimmed of tough stems)
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Stir lime zest, juice and vinegar together. Slowly whisk in olive oil until incorporated. Stir in mint.
- In a separate bowl, combine apple, avocado, cucumber and arugula. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper. Toss and serve.
The apple gives it that fall feeling. If transporting to a game you might want to squeeze lime juice on the avocado first to keep from turning brown. Also can use any lettuce.
By Jane MacDonald (one of Pops' triplets)