Antipasto Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 12
- 1 1/2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces tricolor rotini pasta
- 2 cups seeded sliced cucumbers, half moon
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup smoked mozzarella, diced
- 1 cup Italian salami, diced
- 1 cup sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup pepperoncini, rinsed and stemmed
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, sliced
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts, quartered
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water, according to package directions. Drain pasta, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
FOR THE VINAIGRETTE
- Puree capers, anchovy paste, and garlic in a food processor. Add vinegar and oregano; pulse to combine. Slowly drizzle in olive oil and blend until emulsified. Season vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
FOR THE SALAD
- Mix together cooked pasta, cucumbers, tomatoes, mozzarella, salami, onion, olives, pepperoncini, roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts, and 2 tablespoons capers. Toss the salad with vinaigrette.
- Refrigerate salad overnight; just before serving adjust the seasonings.
This is fabulous for a picnic or a tailgate!
Adapted from Cuisine At Home