Serving Size: 10
- 6-7 medium/large squash, sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 2 slices bread, toasted and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 carton yogurt, plain
- Sauté squash and onion with salt and pepper in a little butter until soft. Drain and mash.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Pour into a greased 9×13 dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until browned.
By Gayle Houston from the McGehee Clan Cookbook
Adapted from Granny Ella Bowens, beloved housekeeper for Berrylin Houston
Quoted from the McGehee Clan Cookbook, “This recipe was Granny Ella Bowens’-need I say more? Many of us have been the recipients of this love gift at Christmas and birthdays. We loved her so.”