Spaghetti Squash With Spinach and Mushrooms
- 1 spaghetti squash, smaller can be easier to cut in half
- olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 package mushrooms, sliced
- minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 package fresh baby spinach
- freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- Cut spaghetti squash in half. Spoon out seeds. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with fresh ground pepper. Place on baking sheet cut sides down. Bake in 350 degree oven, 30-40 minutes. Let cool slightly to handle.
- Scrape inside squash with a fork. Strands will come out similar to spaghetti. Place in a greased casserole dish, sprinkle with paprika. Can prepare ahead of time.
- Bake in 350 degree oven until hot.
- In a skillet saute mushrooms in olive oil 5 minutes. Add garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook 1 minute.
- Add wine and spinach. Cook just until spinach is wilted.
- Top spaghetti squash casserole with spinach mixture and sprinkle with freshly shredded Parmesan cheese.