- 1 pound skinless fresh salmon fillet or frozen wild-caught Alaskan salmon (found at many local famers markets)
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/3 cup minced shallots (2 shallots)
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1/4 minced fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt (or less)
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Dice the salmon and place in a bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Mix well and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for several hours for the salmon to marinate and cure.
- If you don’t care for uncooked salmon you could substitute with smoked salmon.
Adapted from Ina Garten, Barefoot Contessa