PINA COLADA MOUSSE
Serving Size: 6
- 1 cup canned Cream of Coconut (Such as Coco Lopez)
- 1 cup (an 8 ounce can) crushed pineapple in unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Bacardi Spiced Rum, or a deeper rum flavor, Dark Ron Rico Rum
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons unflavored Gelatin
- 6 mousse compotes, low footed wine glasses, or clear glass cups
- Puree the first 4 ingredients in a blender. Transfer to a large bowl, preferably one with a pouring lip.
- In a small saucepan add 2 tablespoons water and sprinkle with the gelatin.
- Let stand for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Stir over low heat, watching carefully until the gelatin dissolves completely.
- Add the dissolved gelatin to the coconut mixture, stirring or whisking well.
- Divide the mousse into your serving pieces of choice. Cover with saran wrap and chill overnight.
2 limes and 6 raspberries. Prior to serving, cut one of the limes in half and cut 6 thin slices from one of the lime halves, placing one slice standing on end at the edge of each container. With a fine zester, add a nice sprinkling of lime zest on top of the mousse, garnish each with a raspberry, recover with saran and return to the refrigerator until ready to serve.
By Louise Fontaine via KathyMillerTime