Pecan Praline Cookies
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In bowl of electric mixer, combine the butter and brown sugar. Beat until well blended.
- Beat in the egg until fluffy.
- Blend in the vanilla.
- Gradually add the flour mixture just until blended.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonful onto greased cookie sheets, placing the cookies 2 inches apart from one another. Flatten each cookie slightly with a fork.
- Sprinkle each cookie with approximately 1 teaspoon chopped pecans.
- Bake 10 minutes or until golden. Transfer onto wire racks to cool.
- While cookies are cooling, prepare the icing.
- In a 1 ½ to 2-quart saucepan, combine the brown sugar and whipping cream.
- Place over medium-high heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves and the cream comes to a boil. Boil, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and blend in the powdered sugar. Beat until smooth.
- Drizzle cooled cookies generously with the icing.
Adapted from Red Rocks & Cinnamon Rolls, Marion Yadon