Pecan Crusted Rainbow Trout
Serving Size: 4
- 4 trout fillets
- 1 cup pecans coarsely chopped in a food processor
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs (or Panko crumbs)
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Chop pecans in a food processor.
- Mix finely chopped bread crumbs or Panko.
- Stir in chopped parsley and chopped rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Baste trout, flesh side up with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with pecan mixture and press firmly into trout fillet.
- Spray cast iron pan with Pam.
- Preheat grill to 450 degrees
- Place trout, skin side down in a cast iron pan, on the grill. Cook for 10-12 minutes.
Can bake in a 450 degree oven if you prefer.
Fresh Mountain Trout grilled in a cast iron pan