Pecan Crusted Mountain Trout
- Trout fillets
- flour seasoned with salt and pepper
- canola oil
- coursely chopped pecans
- Put fish fillets in a bowl covered with milk in refrigerator for an hour or 2.
- Drain and dip in seasoned flour.
- Heat cast iron skillet with oil on grill until hot.
- Cook fish in hot oil 3 minutes, then turn and cook another 2 or so. Do not overcook.
- Remove to hot platter.
- Add a little butter to hot pan, add coarsely chopped pecans. Stir and cook until lightly brown.
- Pour butter and pecans over fish.
Adapted from High Hampton Hospitality