Pecan Bacon Bites
- 1 (8-10 ounce) bag pitted dates
- 1 package halved pecans
- 1 pound applewood smoked bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stuff pitted date with pecan half.
- Wrap stuffed date with 1/3-1/2 slice of applewood smoked bacon.
- Secure with a toothpick.
- Bake until bacon is crisp. 15 – 30 minutes depending on degree of crispness.
- Drain and serve.
Wonderful. The sweetness of the dates with the saltiness of the bacon is a great contrast in flavor. You can use any bacon you prefer. Watch the baking time to assure correct crispness. Try substituting blue cheese chunks for the pecans to add another layer of taste.
By Wendy Kirton via KathyMillerTime